If you’re looking for a way to experience Hebrew chanting, you can attend a chant circle led by Kol Zimra alumni. To be trained to lead chant circles, see the Kol Zimra page and related pages.
Chant Circles in the US
- Branford, CT: PNAI shORe Chant Circle meets monthly on the second Shabbat of the month. Led by Rayzl Feuer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- New York, NY: Chant Circles in Manhattan. For information, visit Chant Circles. Led by Rabbi Shoshana Mitrani-Knapp.
- Jamaica Plain, MA (Boston area): Chant and meditation group meets once a month. Led by Tracy Rich (email@example.com).
- Peabody, MA: Chanting For Life usually meets on the last Thursday of each month from 7-8pm at the Aviv Centers For Living. (Visit http://www.chelseajewish.org/.) Led by Cheryl Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Westborough, MA: En-CHANT-ment Circle meets on the last Tuesday of the month at 7:30pm at Congregation B’nai Shalom. Led by Eva Friedner (email@example.com or 508/212-9460).
- Bethesda, MD: Opening the Heart Chant Circle/Spirit Spa generally held on the second Shabbat of the month from 4:30-6pm at Bethesda Jewish Congregation. Led by Yaffah Schnitzer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Pittsburgh, PA: Tikkun Chant Circle meets monthly. For details see the Hebrew Chant site. Led by David Goldstein.
- Philadelphia, PA: A closed group for KZ alumni and KZ students usually meets the third Sunday of the month from 7-8:30pm at Mishkan Shalom. To confirm the date, contact Andrea Madden (email@example.com). Led by various chant leaders.
- Philadelphia, PA: Rosh Hodesh Celebrations (chant-filled rituals for all who welcome the Divine Feminine into our lives) meet monthly from 7-8:30pm at Mishkan Shalom Synagogue. Led by Shoshana Bricklin, Wendy Galson, and Susan Windle (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Philadelphia, PA: P’nai Or Kabbalat Shabbat Musical Chant Service meets on one Friday evening monthly. For information, visit the P’nai Or Philadelphia site. Led by Rabbi Malkah Binah Klein (email@example.com) and Daniella Forstater.
- Charlottesville, VA: Soul Journeys Chant Circle meets the first Shabbat of each month. Led by Ariel Lippman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prahaladan Mandelkorn. (Website in progress.)
- Orlando, FL: CRJ Sacred Chant Circle meets locally. For dates, time and locations write to email@example.com. Led by Shira Orit.
- Fairfield, IA: Chantscendental Heartland Circle meets every other Sunday evening. Led by Marci Freeman (firstname.lastname@example.org). (Website in progress.)
- Minneapolis, MN: Jewish Women’s Sacred Circle meets monthly for Shaharit and Rosh Chodesh at Makom Shalom. See the website for details. Led by Kohenet Sharon Jaffe (email@example.com).
- Minneapolis, MN: Chant circle meets the 1st Tuesday of the month from 6:30-8pm at Beth El Synagogue. Led by Cantor Audrey Abrams (952/873-7317 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Albuquerque, NM: EnCHANTed Circle generally meets monthly on the second Wednesday from 7:30-9pm at Nahalat Shalom. Led by Rabbi Shefa Gold (Contact Us).
- Albuquerque, NM: Chanting Kabbalat Shabbat service meets monthly usually on the fourth Friday starting from 7:30pm at Nahalat Shalom. Led by Miryam Levy, Judy Brown, and Sofieshefia Stephanie Cohen.
- Lake Oswego, OR: Chantlings davvening-meditation group is the last Sunday of the month, 11am-noon. Led by Linda Zahavi (email@example.com).
- Ashland, OR: Hebrew chant group usually meets monthly on the fourth Sunday from 2-3:30pm at Havurah Shir Hadash. Led by Elizabeth Markell (firstname.lastname@example.org or 541/778-6155). Contact Elizabeth to confirm.
- Cotati, CA: Homecomings Healing Chant Circles. Visit the website for details. Led by Ellen Solot.
- Davis, CA: Heart and Spirit Chant Circle held generally on the fourth Monday of every month from 7-8:45pm at Congregation Bet Haverim. Led by Hallie Morrow (530/400-7071 or email@example.com) and Carrie Shepard (530/400-3747 or firstname.lastname@example.org). (They also lead a chant service on the third Shabbat morning of most months.)
- Lafayette, CA (east of Berkeley): Sacred Chant and Healing Circle meets monthly usually on the second Monday from 7-8pm at Temple Isaiah. For the current schedule, visit the Sacred Hebrew Chant site. Led by Jeanette Gross (email@example.com). (Jeanette often co-leads a monthly Mussar and Meditation Shabbat Morning Service at Temple Isaiah with Rabbi Judy Shanks on the first Saturday at 10:30am.)
- Los Angeles, CA: Chant & Meditation Circle meets quarterly (and for workshops and holidays) in a private home on Monday evenings. Led by Evelyn Baron (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sebastopol, CA: Sacred Hebrew Chanting meets weekly on Monday mornings from 9-10am. (It meets most Mondays, but the day of the week may change later in the summer.) For information, see Monday Morning Chanting. Led by Rabbi Daria Jacobs-Velde (RabbiDaria@gmail.com).